Sunday 15 October 2017

Operation Flapjack - Armada

Sitrep
Insurgent ships have been detected at the edge of our sensor range. Intercept and destroy as many ships as you can.

Threat Assessment
Unknown - Sensor contacts are unclear. The insurgent fleet is either using less common ship types or the signal is being distorted by nearby anomalies. There appear to be multiple small contacts rather than larger ships; be cautious of flanking attempts.

Combat Report
Gonna be honest, I've forgotten a lot about this game; I should have got this battle report written up weeks ago. I've got fairly good memories of what happened but some of the details are fuzzy, so hear goes.

I deployed my ISD for one of my patented YOLO attacks runs - which meant it spent most of it's time dicking around in the rear.



This left the VSD on my left go stuck right, going down by turn 3, but not before killing a hammerhead.
And then the VSD arrived...
I should mention that I was losing the fighter game, but my defenders met their objectives, turning the space around the station into a meat-grinder and pinning Alex' bombers for the entirety of the game.

And then the VSD opened up, melting both the Nebulon and the Phoenix and boarding team ran amok.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.